4-H Rural Life Summer Day Camps
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
New Transportation Opportunities
For the 2022 Halifax County 4-H Summer Day Camp Season we will be implementing a modified transportation system. Each camp week we service two communities in Halifax county. The vans will pick up campers at each of the designated locations. Both pick-up and drop-off will be at the same location. This service is offered at no additional cost. Due to limited van seating, parents/guardians of campers will be required to register their camper in advance by calling or emailing. This is a new initiative and it is subject to adjustments that will be communicated accordingly with participating families. Please find our transportation rotation schedule below.
Call or email to reserve a transportation spot! Our number is 252-583-5161 or email email@example.com
Parents/guardians can email, scan or drop off the signed Parent/Guardian Transportation Agreement Our office address is 359 Ferrell Ln. Halifax, NC 27839. Emailed or scanned documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Steps To Apply For A 4-H Rural Life
Center Summer Camp Spot
Step 1: Complete 4-HOnline Enrollment for 2022
- Nationally, 4-H is continuing its transition to online databases. Some of you already created your 4-H’ers account last year; please make sure to update it so your status is active for 2022. For our families that have not enrolled in 4-HOnline before, we have some helpful resources to assist you along the way. This is a requirement for your child to attend 4-H Rural Life Center Summer Day Camps.
- Need help? Email or call us to set up a time to visit our office so we can provide assistance.
In order to complete your youth’s 4-H Online Enrollment:
* Select to Enroll your youth as a 4-H Club Member. (Do not choose 4-H Activities). By enrolling as a member, you will be prompted to upload important medical information & emergency contacts which are mandatory for camp participation.
*Select a club & a project. If you are unsure which Club & Project to select at this time, we recommend the following selections; rest assured, these can be changed later:
* For Clubs, select “Halifax County Members at Large.” This indicates your child is a countywide member of Halifax County 4-H.
*For Projects, select the first choice, “4-H – Essential Elements of Youth Development Programs.”
- 4-HOnline Website (Please have all your child’s health information at hand when applying.)
- 4-H Online Enrollment Resources
Step 2: Registration & Payment
- Traditional Route: Mail or drop off our 4-H Summer Camp Application and payment to 359 Ferrell Ln, Halifax, NC 27839. (Make checks Pay to the Order of Halifax County.)
- New Option: By completing Step 2 through this New Option, you skip the mail/drop off step above. The Digital Registration Links provided under each camp lead to an Eventbrite Registration page where you will complete the 4-H Rural Life Center Summer Camp Application and the Registration Process for each camp session.
Step 3: Prepare Your Campers
- We will provide a variety of camp tool kits. Please communicate with your children what is expected of them while they are in our care.
- Prepare them for fun and adventure!
Camp #1, “Jr. Deputy Camp”
Use your Thinking Caps & Detective Tools to Discover Clues and Examine Evidence to Solve Crime Scenes. Meet Members of the Sheriff’s Office & other First Responders who are Providing Demonstrations Illustrating the Importance of Team Building & Communication Skills. Engage in Life-Size Foosball and many More Games & Sporting Activities!
*Needs-Based Scholarships Provided by Halifax County Sheriff’s Office
Camp #2, “4-H Horse Camp” **
Want to Learn more about Horses? What? No horse? No problem! You too, can Embrace Everything Equine, Horse Games, Horse-Themed Crafts & of course, Ride a Horse! Wearing Jeans and Appropriate Footwear with a Smooth Sole & a Distinctive Heel is Mandatory for Participation. Complete Knight’s Ridge Riding Center Liability Form provided below.
**Please NOTE: In order to serve all Horse Camp Participants, 4:00 p.m. will be the pick-up time from the 4-H Rural Life Center. **
Total Fees: $175
$55, Pay to the Order of Halifax County &
$120, Pay to the Order of Knight’s Ridge Riding Center, on the first day of Horse Camp, Monday, June 13.
See Waiver Here…Knight’s Ridge Riding Center Liability Form
Camp 3, “4-H Sports Camp”
Engage in 7-on-7 Flag Football, Track & Field, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis & Specialty Sports such as Life-Size Foosball & Frisbee Disc Golf. Learn to Fuel Yourself Like an Athlete with Sports Nutrition, while Balancing Effective Exercise for Healthy Living.
Camp 4, “Junior Chef Camp”
Create Culinary Masterpieces with Healthy Ingredients Grown in our 4-H Garden. Sharpen Practical Math, Chemistry & Physic Skills, while Learning about How to Measure Ingredients and the Science of Baking. Follow a Recipe to Recreate a Meal for your Family!
Fee: $55 SOLD OUT – REGISTRATION FULL
Camp 5, “Animal Adventures Camp”
From Environmental Experiential Learning to Outdoor Recreation, Engage in Stream Ecology, Archery, Nature Journaling & Scavenger Hunts. Learn How Habitats Support Wildlife. Experience Interactions with Live Animals & Learn How We All Interact within the Ecosystem We Share.
Fee: $55 SOLD OUT – REGISTRATION FULL
Camp 6, “Mad Scientist Camp”
Ignite your Imagination & Strengthen your STEM Skills by Engaging in Robotics, Rockets & Splicing DNA Sequences & More! Refine your Problem-Solving Skills & Make New Discoveries. Push the Performance Threshold as you Build And Race a Remote RC Car!
Fee: $55 SOLD OUT – REGISTRATION FULL
Camp 7, “Gardens & Pollinators Communities Camp”
Learn about the pollinator roles of Bats, Bees, Butterflies, Moths, Flying Foxes, Hummingbirds & More! Discover the Interdependent Nature of Gardens & Pollinators, and How Both are Essential to Our Food Ecosystem. Be in the Know About the Valuable Services Pollinators – yes, Even Insects – Provide to Human Survival.
Camp 8, “All Around the World Camp”
Experience Cultures & Cuisine from Around the World! Discover Different Kinds of Bread & other Foods People Eat Daily. How Does your Daily Lifestyle Compare to Daily Lifestyles of Others? Perhaps We All Have Seemingly Much More in Common than Not?
Please download the Counselor or CIT applications above and return them to our office by Friday, May 6th.