NCDA&CS Taking Preventive Measures to Help Farmers & Agribusinesses
The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (NCDA&CS) is taking preventive measures in the event that the state issues a shelter-in-place order to help farmers and agribusinesses.
The following documents have been developed as a notification method to law enforcement or anyone else that people carrying them are involved in the critical and essential industry of agriculture.
- Notice of Essential Food and Agriculture Employee (PDF) – The organization should complete and sign the form, which their designated employees can keep with them during necessary work activities and travel.
- Letter to N.C. Law Enforcement Regarding Essential Food and Agriculture Employees (PDF) – NCDA&CS sent this letter on March 25, 2020, to the five largest law enforcement associations in North Carolina to provide notice about essential employees in the agriculture industry of North Carolina. Our farm and agribusiness contacts should have a copy for their records.
Contact any extension agent for more information:
- Agriculture: Arthur Whitehead, (252) 532-1619 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Livestock: Beth Burchell, (859) 221-9943 or email@example.com
- Horticulture: Victoria Neff, (703) 499-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To reiterate, these resources are to keep North Carolina’s agribusiness industry flowing if there is an executive order further restricting movement in the state or to use at the local level. Thank you for your ongoing support of N.C. agriculture.
Find more information and resources on the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services COVID-19 Response site.